« Such an awesome weekend. | Main | This is why it's still important »

The taste of awesome

It was another awesome weekend, people. And I'm so lazy with writing updates, so I'm doing it all in one big post.

Thursday was dinner and catching up with Heidi at Acapulco. It had been far too long since we’d mainlined the queso dip, but we made up for it. With her new job (meaning she no longer works in my backyard!) our weekly taco and dip excursion isn’t as convenient anymore, so we’re in the market for a new Regular Hideout. Bonus points if it has good queso dip and chips.

After dinner I joined Katie, Wendy, Jumi, Jenni, and Cindi at Pi for drinks and billiards. I run so hot and cold with pool that I never know how I'm going to do, but I did well against Katie! Then Katie and I retired to the new smoking patio for a while. I don’t smoke, but it’s nice that there is a place other than the front steps for people now.

Friday M and I headed to the Riverview Theater for the Buffy sing-a-long. SO MUCH FUN. If you like Buffy at all, and if this comes to your town, you should definitely check it out. It’s one thing to be able to see Buffy on the big screen, and it’s an even more awesome thing to see it with a bunch of other fans who are singing along to the musical. I dropped M off and headed home, but even though it was something like 3 in the morning when I got there, I couldn’t sleep. I finally fell asleep (on my new! couch!) and didn’t wake up until Sha started cleaning around me at 7. I guess the new couch is comfy!

Saturday I lounged, when I should have been napping. That evening was Jumi’s birthday party, which was a blast, naturally. Fire and s’mores and really awesome burgers and shrimp and a ton of other good food. Oh, and now I have to buy a Wii. My place does not really allow for DDR (I have neighbors below me) but the Wii shouldn't add too much noise. I got home around 2:30 again but smartly went straight to bed this time. I didn’t wake up until noon, which would have been awesome except I had a houseguest who I figured had already been up for approximately five hours. I really didn’t believe the alarm clock when I saw it said 12:00… I kept waiting for it to blink, thinking we’d lost power. Not so much. Fortunately M is resourceful and had kept herself occupied whilst waiting for me to get up.

Sunday we lounged around for a while and watched bad reality TV until I took her home that afternoon. I had a blissful afternoon/evening alone where I planned to nap, but instead watched a whole lot of college softball. I’m still working my way through the rest of the games, so don’t tell me who won the world series, k? I really want to go to Chicago or Rockford to see a pro softball game! Road trip, anyone?

Today was my long-awaited return to therapy. When I’m going through something big I have a habit of suspending counseling in order to get through it alone. I don’t know why, as that’s kind of against the point of counseling, but it works for me. It was a good (though draining) session. It was also my first 1:1 since taking the new job at work, and it went well; he's pretty happy with me so far.

And now I’m off to Shannon’s house for a Pampered Chef party! I have kitchen gadgets that need buying!

I hope you’re all well.


This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on June 4, 2007 5:06 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Such an awesome weekend..

The next post in this blog is This is why it's still important.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.

Powered by
Movable Type 3.34